Monday, September 20, 2010

The Old Man by the Sea

In New York for the Memorial Day weekend. Really bowled over by the Big Apple.One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in ten minutes as in ten years.

I loved the tall skyscrapers, the busy streets where people jostle and whir like molecules in an overheated jar. Each person on the streets of New York is one of a type. The city is one big theater where everyone is on display.

I met this gentleman by the quay while waiting for the ferry to take us to Liberty island. Long queues under an unrelenting sun. This old gentleman was entertaining the crowd by playing some musical instrument and dancing to its beats.

His expression left something unsaid, some story untold. The eyes had seen a lot. Wish I had been able to chat up with the old gentleman that day.

6 comments:

  1. That is an awesome one! :)
    I know i'm commenting in an old post but it is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say it's a compliment that you browsed through some of my posts to come to this picture. Thanks for appreciating the shot!!

      Delete
  2. Hello There: I would say this photo is worth a thousand words - it's a shame you didn't get to talk to this gentleman, whom I am sure would have delited you with great tales of his life. This is an outstanding photo - I give you ***** stars - WOW, what a capture. Thanks for visiting my place. I shall return to browse more, as I have browsed this far today and so enjoyed what you have to say and your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog. Happy to know you enjoyed the visit. Your kind words are really encouraging.

      I too regret not talking to the gentleman. I am sure he had a lifetime of stories worth sharing and regaling an audience.

      Delete
  3. Awesome shot. How did the color's come out on it? I'm a fan of the sea and all things sea related. Nice shot!!

    ~Randall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The color one is fine but I had imagined this in b&w. Still working on my processing skills. If I was a bit better would have tried some burning and dodging on this.

      Delete

I really appreciate all your comments and feedback. Due to increase in spam, comment moderation has been enabled. Any inconvenience is regretted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
Tryst with the Shutter Bug by Ramakant Pradhan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.